Sr. Electrical Engineer 2
Acton , MA 01886
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Accounts Sr. Electrical Engineer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration: Perm
- Pay rate: $114k
- Job Location: Acton, MA ( Hybrid)
- Job#: BH14289
Responsible for the testing and documentation of the electrical systems to the component level. Will define and write electrical component specifications and verification testing for changes to existing product lines. Will develop engineering change order information to complete the approved changes using PLM/ERP tools. Must work within project timelines completing the selection, prototyping, testing and production release of the changes. Will also perform matrix management of electrical technicians when required to support project completion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The incumbent may be asked to perform other function-related activities in addition to the below mentioned responsibilities as reasonably required by business needs.
- Responsible for modifications to the design and implementation of circuit boards using analog, digital & power electronics circuits for medical lasers.
- Responsible for the component selection, electrical modifications, and design verification of system level integration of electronic subsystems.
- Responsible for investigating and implementing component replacements for obsolete parts.
- Hands on experience of PCB design using OrCAD Capture for schematics and PCB editor/Allegro for PCB design, component placement, routing, and guidelines. Altium experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of IEC/UL standards for medical device product design including compliance and product safety.
- Work with other engineers and technician(s) on project related testing and verification.
- Matrix management of electrical technicians as required to complete projects.
- Provide status updates on projects as required.
- Work closely with the design group on required design changes.
- Create troubleshooting plans and update as required.
- Embody and deliver the “Exceptional Everyday”
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Specific Area of Study: BSEE/BSEET
- 5 to 8 years relevant experience
Specific Related Experience:
- Product support environment required. Product support experience of systems, sub-assemblies and circuit board required.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of electrical and electronics components is required
- Experience with power electronics and components for laser applications is preferred.
- Medical device or laser experience is not required although relevant experience is always a plus
- Must have competence in component level selection, documentation, and production support with an emphasis on PCB design changes.
- Ability to maintain CAD proficiency and master current and new CAD systems.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Experience developing medical devices in an ISO and FDA regulated environment is preferred.
- Experience with PLM systems for changes and documentation is required, SAP experience preferred
- Must be self-motivated, detail oriented, possess strong organizational and communication skills.
- Takes responsibility for assigned projects, requirements, and schedules.
- Works well with others, is thorough and demonstrates good judgment
- Inspire cooperation and success among the EE team
- Must be highly motivated and be a self-starter and work with minimal supervision
- Provide clear concise direction to Technicians and other team members
- Must be able to communicate through all levels of the organization.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Potential Exposure to moving mechanical parts, vibration and/or moderate noise levels.
- Potential Exposure to hazardous chemicals or other materials.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!