Sr. IT Engineer, Tech Dev
Canton, MA 02062
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Sr. IT Engineer, Tech Dev
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration: Temp to Perm
- Pay rate: $55/hr
- Job Location: Canton, MA
- Job#: bh 13483
Sr. IT Engineer, Tech Dev
Reporting to the Sr. Director, IT Infrastructure and Cybersecurity, the Senior IT Engineer, Technical Development (Tech Dev) will be responsible for the implementation and support of IT solutions leveraged in Tech Dev labs across sites. As a member of a small team in a fast-paced environment, this role will require both strong intellectual agility, curiosity, and hands-on technical skill.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with digital team to develop an effective and efficient approach for seamlessly integrating IT infrastructure and capabilities with world class research science.
- Work collaboratively with automation engineers, plant engineers, lab engineers, scientists, and operations teams to effectively support the design, deployment and retirement, of manufacturing and lab IT systems by defining and following an SLA with your stakeholders.
- Provide recommendations to the business on IT solutions to meet requirements and objectives.
- Work to ensure that concerns regarding change management, security, technical infrastructure and systems integration are considered for all Manufacturing and Lab IT Systems projects.
- Support IT compliance and understand GxP processes. Understand IQ/OQ/PQ validation process for IT systems.
- Understand and assist in business continuity plans/disaster recovery for manufacturing and lab IT systems.
- Understand and assist in implementation of cybersecurity applications and troubleshoot issues.
- Understand and assist network topology design of manufacturing and lab IT systems.
Here’s What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Industrial Engineering, physical science or related field.
- 8+ years of experience working with IT infrastructure in manufacturing, lab systems, control systems and building management systems. Experience working for a pharmaceutical company preferred.
- Experience with IT implementation with DCS, MES, BMS, PLC, OPC, HPLC, GC, LIMs, lab analyzers.
- Experience working with virtual environment (VMware/Hyper-V) and/or cloud platform (AWS preferred).
- Experience working with the following:
- RDBMS (SQL Server or Oracle)
- Application and web server (IIS)
- Backup/recovery systems (Acronis, Veeam, N2WS, etc.)
- Cybersecurity endpoint protection applications (Symantec, McAfee, Carbon Black, etc.)
- Understanding of network routing, switching and firewall concepts.
- Creative, analytical, and strong problem-solving skills, with a ‘whatever it takes’ approach.
- Ability to work independently, with limited direction, to achieve expected results.
- Ability to deliver under pressure in a high-growth, ambiguous environment, achieving results in a collaborative way, in support of a multi-location, 24x7 environment.
- Highly collaborative work style with the ability to build successful professional working relationships cross-functionally in a fast-paced project environment.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
Meet Your Recruiter
Regional Recruiting Manager
- Directs the recruitment efforts for both the Quincy, MA and Providence, RI branches.
- Manages a distributed team of recruiting leads, individual contributor recruiters and account managers.
- Responsible for leading the fulfillment and execution of sourcing, recruiting, sales and business development practices across the region.