Harvard , MA 01434 US
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Sr. Machinist
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration: Perm
- Pay rate: $ 24.70- $31.00/hr
- Job Location: Harvard, MA
- Job# 14456
Operates various conventional and/or numerically controlled machining centers on semi complex jobs. Works from blueprints, sketches, planning sheets, verbal instructions, and/or engineering, tooling, or equipment information. Contributes to lean initiatives to increase productivity and reduce costs. Works with limited guidance in a team environment.
- Sets up and runs multiple production machines.
- Performs machine operations (including reworking parts) such as cutting, shaping, deburring, forming, drilling, and grinding parts.
- Performs machine operations where the materials, tooling, and sequence of operations have been preplanned and established.
- Makes necessary machine adjustments and reports improper machine functioning or cutting action for correction.
- Aligns and fastens work using standard fixtures and established methods.
- Installs and adjusts cutting tools consistent with type and size of material being machined.
- Follows established manufacturing methods using standard production machines, materials, and tooling.
- Adjusts feeds, speeds, and depth of cut to machine quality parts, per documentation.
- Operates hand and power tools to deburr precision and complex machine parts in accordance with a semi-complicated engineering blueprints and route sheets to close tolerances.
- Inspects parts for conformance to specifications using measuring instruments such as gauges, calipers, micrometers, and comparators.
- Uses various types of magnification equipment (including a microscope) to detect and avoid damage to surfaces and critical areas.
- Visually inspects parts for burrs or damage machined surfaces.
- Routinely maintains equipment to ensure cleanliness, accuracy, and reliability specific to division requirements.
- Accurately and regularly performs statistical process control (SPC) specific to division requirements.
- Actively implements lean initiatives by identifying and providing suggestions on areas for improvement.
- Effectively applies lean concepts and tools in the work area.
- Observes all company policies and procedures, including safety rules, and maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Performs other related responsibilities, as requested
- Three years related machining experience.
- Able to work with limited guidance in a team environment.
- Able to make machine setups.
- Reads and follows blueprints, specifications, and verbal instructions.
- Has working knowledge of machine shop mathematics, which may include trigonometry.
- Able to effectively apply lean initiatives.
- Demonstrates effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, as well as the ability to work in a team environment.
- Interprets reports and uses job-specific software applications.
- Able to use employee self Service systems to access online information and use specialized automated systems (i.e., PMR, TORS, email).
- Effectively demonstrates team member competencies and participates in goal setting, performance feedback, and self-development activities
Drug-Free Workplace In accordance with company policies and applicable state laws, the company provides for a drug-free workplace. Therefore, all applicants seeking employment will be subject to drug testing as a condition of employment.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
Meet Your Recruiter
Regional Recruiting Manager
- Directs the recruitment efforts for both the Quincy, MA and Providence, RI branches.
- Manages a distributed team of recruiting leads, individual contributor recruiters and account managers.
- Responsible for leading the fulfillment and execution of sourcing, recruiting, sales and business development practices across the region.