Sr. Manager, Clinical Outsource Management
Boston , MA 02139 US
Title: Sr. Manager, Clinical Outsource Management
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
- Duration: Temp-Perm
- Pay rate: $75-98/hr
- Job Location: Boston, MA
- Job# 16382
Seeking a highly capable clinical development outsourcing leader with strong outsourcing, negotiating, and contracting skills to support the execution of drug development programs. This key role will be responsible for managing the outsourcing process from the identification of need through contract execution. This is an exciting and interdisciplinary role for a qualified, organized, and motivated individual.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Service Provider Outsourcing, Negotiations, and Contracting:
- Manage outsourcing process in partnership with Clinical Development, Finance, and Legal.
- Prepare requests for proposals for outsourced services.
- Coordinate cross- functional review/assessment of proposals as part of overall vendor selection process.
- Review contract documents, ensuring the use of appropriate templates and adherence to master service agreement terms as applicable.
- Negotiated budget and contract terms, utilizing benchmarking tools and established negotiation parameters where appropriate.
- In collaboration with the legal department and clinical outsourcing, ensure that final contracts cover the necessary scope and are consistent with company requirements, applicable regulations, and good business practices.
- Manage the contract execution process according to requirements.
- Contract Management and Maintenance:
- Evaluate service provider delivery in accordance with the contract and minimize/negotiate change orders.
- Ensure contracts executed are requested and tracked within a legal database.
- Oversee appropriate contract approvals and approval documentation.
- Prepare reports as needed.
- Review metrics related to the contract process and take appropriate action to improve efficiency and timeliness of contract processing.
- Process and Template Development:
- Support development and updating of processes and tools, including request for proposal and contract templates. Participate in corporate initiatives.
- During all stages of activities, interact with internal customers, procurement, legal and finance departments, and other functions as appropriate, managing high volume of contract requests to meet project timelines.
- Degree in scientific, business, or legal discipline, or related field, with 5+ years in the pharmaceutical, life sciences or related industry, to include at least 4 years of experience in outsourcing and/or contract negotiation/management. Experience with various contract types and service categories preferred.
- The candidate will be expected to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and nimble environment of an emerging company that depends on strong links and collaboration with external stakeholders (CRO partners, research organizations, alliance partners, etc.).
- Sound understanding of drug development processes both in small molecules and biologics.
- Demonstrated understanding of project management principles as well as sound knowledge of contract terms and conditions, benchmarking, and market analysis skills.
- Outstanding communication skills, including excellent verbal and written communication skills, an innovative approach to problem-solving, and an integrated view of business and scientific issues.
- Strong organizational and facilitation skills as well as great attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and successfully in a matrix environment, and to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a multicultural team environment and interact with a wide variety of customers. Must be able to relate effectively to people at all levels of the organization.
- Skilled at developing and maintaining professional interpersonal relationships with colleagues internally and externally in order to complete the given tasks. Demonstrates professionalism, poise and a positive attitude.
- Ability to integrate cross-functional issues and balance competing priorities effectively.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient.
- Demonstrated proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation software (MS Office skills such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint).
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to . We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
Meet Your Recruiter
Regional Recruiting Manager
- Directs the recruitment efforts for both the Quincy, MA and Providence, RI branches.
- Manages a distributed team of recruiting leads, individual contributor recruiters and account managers.
- Responsible for leading the fulfillment and execution of sourcing, recruiting, sales and business development practices across the region.