Sr. Purchasing Manager
Hudson, MA 01752 US
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Sr. Purchasing Manager
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration: Perm
- Pay rate: $100-130k
- Job Location: Hudson, MA
- Job#: bh14417
Sr. Purchasing Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and manage a team of Buyers to ensure the availability of products and services to meet production requirements
- Consistently elevate the performance of the team by setting clear direction, providing necessary training, and managing performance expectations
- Create an innovative, safe, inclusive, and engaging environment within the Purchasing team
- Interface with internal and external customers to determine demand, build and implement plans to meet demand, and communicate effectively with all stakeholders
- Define, plan, and manage the utilization of inventory to achieve prescribed targets and balance supply with demand
- Drive continuous improvement efforts to initiate material cost reductions with the supply base and ensure that risks are properly mitigated
- Monitor product life cycle/end-of-life process for manufactured materials
- Collaborate with the Global Procurement organization to support key initiatives and activities, such as implementation of the Procurement Model
- Support Divisional Business Development as well as NPI initiatives through prototype procurement
- Ensure compliance with multiple quality and regulatory systems, including global trade and SOX requirements
- Track, report and improve supplier performance in quality, lead times, and price
- Monitor existing supplier agreements relative to notification periods and assess ongoing suitability for current and future requirements
- Develop redundant sources as part of an overall business interruption plan
- Ensure each vendor’s supply chain is adequately monitored to avoid material interruptions
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Supply Chain Management, or a related field
- CPIM, CPSM, or CPM preferred
- 5-10 years of experience in Supply Chain, Materials Management, and/or Manufacturing Operations
- Experience implementing new business processes and driving organizational change
- Experience with inventory management systems, forecasting, and planning
- Experience in various commodities, such as electronics, sheet metal, cables, and plastics
- Experience in a regulated industry (i.e., Pharmaceutical, Medical Device)
- Driven to build and lead strong teams in a matrix environment
- Adept at establishing a clear direction and holding others accountable
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Strong influencing skills, with the ability to build relationships across multiple functions
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks with changing levels of priority due to shifts in demand
- Advanced knowledge of operations/manufacturing systems, including S&OP/ERP/MRP concepts
- An innovation and continuous improvement mentality
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
Meet Your Recruiter
Regional Recruiting Manager
- Directs the recruitment efforts for both the Quincy, MA and Providence, RI branches.
- Manages a distributed team of recruiting leads, individual contributor recruiters and account managers.
- Responsible for leading the fulfillment and execution of sourcing, recruiting, sales and business development practices across the region.