Sr. Research Associate - San Diego CA - 15844
San Diego, CA 92121 US
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Sr. Research Associate
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
- Duration: Temp to Perm
- Pay rate: $33-37/hr
- Job Location: San Diego, CA
- Job# 14621
Sr. Research Associate
Seeking a highly skilled and motivated Senior Research Associate to support drug discovery efforts focusing on high throughput assays. The candidate will be responsible for utilizing common HTS related tools as well as novel approaches to execute primary screening and SAR-MedChem supportive assays. The candidate will demonstrate a passion to identify drug candidates working together with scientists across various disciplines with a production mindset. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the planning, organization, and execution of automated assays within the High Throughput Assays group. The candidate is expected to be independent, well organized, productive, have a high level of knowledge assay execution, data analysis, as well as strong communication and interpretation skills. A demonstrated strong understanding of best practices to ensure reliability, efficiency, and quality control of large-scale assays is desired.
- Execute a variety of target and phenotypic cell-based assays to support early lead discovery programs using automation tools.
- Execute assays that are primary screens designed to identify leads and to support MedChem to identify clinical candidates.
- Provide analysis of HTS and/or SAR-MedChem assay data to identify and characterize potential drug candidates
- Effectively collate and interpret data systematically and make recommendations for next steps
- Clearly and effectively communicate ideas and results (both verbally and in writing) to a broad range of audiences.
- Identify areas for streamlining workflows where warranted
- Bachelor’s degree in a Life Science, or equivalent scientific/technical experience above high-school level is required
- Experience with executing and analyzing data from high-throughput assays
- Experience with liquid handling equipment and general plate handling automation preferred
- Demonstrated experience in the use of automation and HTS instrumentation
- Proficient in strong data analysis skills, computer skills and the ability to draw conclusions and communicate results from large data sets
- The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, detail oriented individual able to multitask and follow directions
- Critical thinking and the ability to learn and apply troubleshooting techniques for automation is key
- Demonstrated strong organization, communication and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on customer service
- Must be flexible and responsive to changing priorities
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability and willingness to work rotating weekend shifts according to business needs
- Must have a high aptitude for common computer programs (e.g. MS Office), in addition to being comfortable in learning new software and hardware systems
- Ability to navigate and be successful in a fast-paced, highly-matrixed work environment
.When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to . We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!