Sr. Systems Engineer
Minneapolis , MN 55447 US
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title Sr. Systems Engineer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
- Duration: Perm
- Pay rate: $80-130k
- Job Location: Minneapolis , MN
- Job# 14525
Sr. Systems Engineer
Nature of Role: Reporting to the Head of Systems Engineering, the Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for various systems engineering functions within multiple projects.
The Senior System Engineer’s main objectives are to ensure proper translation of user, caregiver and a variety of additional stakeholders’ needs into clearly defined, verifiable design inputs. The engineer collaborates with project teams to define system solutions, architectures (design outputs) and interface requirements between various subsystems to adequately meet the design inputs.
Additional activities include determining the essential requirements necessary to drive initial concept development, leading systems architecture concept development sessions, and creating ratings criteria for concept ranking, prioritizing the development strategy and acceptance of early architectural concepts. The systems engineer acts as the hub of the product development team by engaging all engineering disciplines (including but not limited to Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Software Engineering architects) to organize system architectures and product development activities. Parallel activities will include translating the early research findings and regulatory requirements into functional requirements with documented rationales, intended to be measurable and verifiable or validated at later stages. Late stage activities include advising on formal verification plans in collaboration with Design Assurance Engineers for risk assessments and assisting with test method development. The role will also require incorporation of directly related standards and regulatory requirements. Additionally, this role will require the individuals to demonstrate tactical planning, strategy and execution proficiency for programs.
- Lead systems engineering efforts and drive related deliverables on multiple project
- Develop design input requirements, exercise analysis tools such as parsing, and ensure rationales are provided for requirements
- Define essential requirements necessary to drive very early concept development
- Lead systems architecture concept development sessions; create rating criteria for concept ranking and acceptance of early architectural concepts
- Translate early research findings into functional requirements.
- Capture the evolution and ultimate systems design output, rationales, and lower level requirements associated with final design
- Provide tactical leadership to development programs
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts related to systems engineering processes
- Assist the Head of Systems Engineering with staff training on a periodic basis and teams on an as needed basis
An individual holding a bachelor’s degree in a related field, coupled with 5-8+ years of experience within the product development industry. Familiarity with related standards and medical device development is a plus. Experience with typical industry requirement management systems is a plus. Our fast-paced environment demands the ability to manage multiple projects within the discipline and deadlines. High-energy, self-starters with the following qualities:
- Successful communication skills, business acumen and assertive decision-making ability
- Flexibility to multi-task and perform a wide range of activities
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office and requirements management databases proficiency
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to . We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!