Millbury, MA 01615 US
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
- Duration: Temp to Perm
- Pay rate: $18-22/hr
- Job Location: Millbury, MA
- Job# 14549
This position will operate a variety of industrial sewing machines in the production of USAF flight suits and NASA spacesuits. Must work from patterns, industrial drawings, and samples.
The requirements listed below are representative of the essential duties required:
- Read and utilize patterns, industrial drawings, and samples as required for suit construction.
- Use of a commercial sewing machine.
- Stitching X-stitch, zig-zag, serge, and binding type stitching.
- Use of a variety of materials such as nylon, canvas-like material, and thick rubber-like materials.
- Other duties as required.
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Employee works under close supervision
- Employee has little or no decision-making responsibility
- The employee has little or no impact on the decisions of others
- General Stitching abilities ideally using a commercial machine.
- Well versed in the U.S. measuring system, fractions of an inch especially.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Able to work from patterns, prints, or samples.
- Attention to detail and strong communication skills required.
- Capability to work with heavier material.
- Position does not require any previous experience working with office software.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- 1-3 Year Experience in the related field.
- Experience with sewing machines and experience with a variety of stitches, commercial experience preferred.
- Basic, introductory on-the-job training.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Manual dexterity to move the fabric through the sewing machine.
- Physical strength as required for certain materials.
- Occasional physical exertion including some lifting of objects weighing up to 20 pounds.
Mental & Visual Demands
- Attention to small details.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Visual effort, need to be able to see very small details.
- Work is routine and consistent from day to day.
- Work requires frequent visual effort for extended periods of time.
Work Environment and Hazards
- Factory not temperature controlled.
- Use of a commercial sewing machine, caution in regards to hands at all times while using.
- Safety glasses required, provided by the company if needed.
- Occasional exposure to dust, heat and other environmental factors that may at times be objectionable
.When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to . We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
Meet Your Recruiter
Regional Recruiting Manager
- Directs the recruitment efforts for both the Quincy, MA and Providence, RI branches.
- Manages a distributed team of recruiting leads, individual contributor recruiters and account managers.
- Responsible for leading the fulfillment and execution of sourcing, recruiting, sales and business development practices across the region.