Shrewsbury , MA 01615 US
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
- Duration: Temp to Perm
- Pay rate: $19/hr
- Job Location: Shrewsbury, MA
- Job# 15827
This position will operate a variety of industrial sewing machines in the production of Aerospace Life Support Systems soft goods, such as pressure/space suits. Must work from patterns, written work instructions, and samples.
The requirements listed below are representative of the essential duties required:
- Read and utilize patterns and samples as required.
- General stitching using a commercial sewing machine.
- Perform zig zag and serge stitches with proficiency.
- Use of a variety of materials such as nylon and canvas.
- Other duties as required.
- Employees work under close supervision.
- Employees have little or no decision-making responsibility.
- The employee has little or no impact on the decisions of others.
- General stitching abilities ideally using a commercial machine.
- Well versed in the U.S. measuring system, both fractions and decimals.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Able to work from patterns and samples.
- Attention to detail and good communication skills required.
- 1-3 years’ experience in related field.
- Experience with sewing machines and experience with a variety of stitches, commercial experience preferred.
- Basic, introductory on-the-job training.
- Manual dexterity to move fabric through sewing machine.
- Physical strength as required for certain materials.
- Occasional physical exertion includes some lifting of objects weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Attention to small details.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Work is routine and consistent from day to day.
- Visual effort, need to be able to see very small details.
- Work requires frequent visual effort for extended periods of time.
- Factory not temperature controlled.
- Use of a commercial sewing machine, caution regarding hands at all times while using.
- Safety glasses required, provided by the company if needed.
- Occasional exposure to dust, heat and other environmental factors may at times be objectionable.
- Some exposure to hazards that might cause minor injury.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to . We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
Meet Your Recruiter
Regional Recruiting Manager
- Directs the recruitment efforts for both the Quincy, MA and Providence, RI branches.
- Manages a distributed team of recruiting leads, individual contributor recruiters and account managers.
- Responsible for leading the fulfillment and execution of sourcing, recruiting, sales and business development practices across the region.