Supply Chain Sourcing Manager
Remote, MA 01886 US
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Supply Chain Sourcing Manager
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
- Duration: Perm
- Pay rate: $158k
- Job Location: Remote
- Job# 14600
Supply Chain Sourcing Manager
This position requires SME-level technical knowledge in end-to-end strategic sourcing concepts and activities including spend analytics, market analysis, demand analysis, RFx, contract negotiation and implementation, and ongoing strategic supplier management. Scope of responsibilities includes direct sourcing in support of products and indirect sourcing across our supply chain while including IT, enterprise services, marketing, capital equipment, and R&D. The Procurement Manager will have a strong focus on data analytics to categorize spend and identify areas of opportunities for strategic sourcing initiatives, and to support the development of sourcing strategies across the company. The Procurement Manager will have strong working knowledge of SAP/Ariba.
The successful candidate must have the ability to form strong supplier relationship, source suppliers, and negotiate complex contract terms and conditions and should understand technical scopes of work in detail. This position applies SME knowledge in sourcing practices and should have a solid understand of the FDA regulatory environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The incumbent may be asked to perform other function-related activities in addition to the below mentioned responsibilities as reasonably required by business needs.
- Strong knowledge in spend analytics and the ability to intemperate the data and tell the data story and continually seek to improve automated data analytics system and processes.
- Performs spend data analytics to identify sourcing opportunities and strategies. Tailors spend data and market intelligence to various product sets and different categories and commodities and provides/presents strategy recommendations to stakeholders Supply Chain leadership.
- Utilizes SME-level knowledge in the SAP ERP system to problem-solve for stakeholders or suppliers. Leads or coordinates with IT, Accounts Payable, Procurement Management, and/or other Procurement/Supply Chain functions to find the best practices on utilizing the ERP system for specific commodity needs as well as overall use. Strategically identifies root causes and opportunities to enhance system(s) or improve business processes to result in long-term impact to the company.
- Negotiates commitments with suppliers to ensure requirements are met.
- Provides strategic sourcing expertise across the business, including leading strategic sourcing initiatives, spend analytics, market analysis, demand analysis, solicitation, negotiating contracts, and management of the resulting commercial activities and relationships.
- Serves as a vital interface to procurement/buyers, business units and management as a recognized Subject Matter Expert (SME) with stakeholders of all levels for assigned responsibilities on a regular basis and maintains the appropriate service levels and as a recognized source of expertise in Supply Chain.
- Identifies strategic sourcing projects and manage category life cycle using the Sourcing Process, including advanced level sourcing tools and team building skills, and applicable ERP and other systems to obtain the best commercial solutions in view of total Cost of Ownership and the applicable regulatory and other requirements.
- Negotiates complex contracts involving variable costs structures and non-standard Terms and Conditions; interacts with stakeholders to provide a high level of collaboration; and assists business units in finalizing Statements of Work from a commercial perspective. Prepares and administers Purchase Orders and contracts that are financially and legally sound to ensure enforcement of contractual requirements and policies and procedures.
- Maintains and manages suppliers with focus on total cost improvements while maintaining the highest code of ethics and conduct
- Provides Procurement Buyers with guidance, direction, motivation, and training.
- Embody and deliver the “Exceptional Everyday”
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Equivalent to 3 years of Experience
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Experience and ability to work with senior level management in supply chain, inventory management, and procurement program problem resolution. Proven ability to influence.
- Must possess SME-level knowledge of spend data analytics, procure-to-pay processes, strategic sourcing management processes, types of procurement contracts, commodity pricing, quality standards, sources of supply, statements of work, negotiation techniques, value analysis and other cost savings methods. Experience in developing metrics and reporting associated with Supply Chain performance.
- Knowledge of various category including rate trends, multipliers, market trends, quality standards, and supplier sources.
- Strong experience in strategic sourcing.
- Proven track record of Sourcing Management Processes or project management, ERP systems and leadership in improving business processes and delivering measurable results.
- Effectively works under a matrix management structure.
- Ability to effectively use common tools such as Microsoft Excel and Project Management to perform such analyses including the use of intermediate to advanced functions.
- Must be able to work and communicate effectively in writing and verbally with all levels of the company and suppliers. Able to develop and deliver presentations using common tools such as Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Significant knowledge of supply chain, demand forecasting, inventory management, commodity management, and supplier management.
- Project management experience.
- Proven record of accomplishment of improving business processes and delivering measurable results
.When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to . We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!