Sustainability Manager (6 Months Temp-To-Perm)
Lincoln , MA 02453 US
Title: Sustainability Manager
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
- Duration: Temp-perm
- Pay rate: $ 65 - 74.20/hr
- Job Location: Lincoln, MA
- Job# 16406
A life sciences company and bioprocessing tools provider focused on the development, production and commercialization of high-value consumable products used in the process of manufacturing biological drugs. Our products are developed under an ISO9001 quality management system and sold to major life sciences and biopharmaceutical companies worldwide. Our products enable customers to efficiently manufacture a broad range of biological drugs, including monoclonal antibodies, recombinant proteins, vaccines, and gene therapies. Focused on cost and process efficiencies, we deliver innovative technologies and solutions that help set new standards in bioprocessing. Our mission is to inspire advances in bioprocessing as a trusted partner in the production of biologic drugs that improve global human health.
An impactful opportunity on our corporate Sustainability team located at our world headquarters. Having recently published our second Corporate Sustainability Report in November 2023, and submitted our commitment letter to the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi) in December 2023, efforts are accelerating around our ambitious global and site-level ESG (environmental, social, governance) initiatives.
Reporting directly to the Senior Manager of Global Sustainability, we are seeking an experienced and self-motivated sustainability professional who is familiar with the quickly evolving disclosure reporting landscape and brings a balanced skillset of both qualitative and quantitative strengths. As part of our Global Operations team, this position has the potential to become a permanent role and will focus on supporting the growth and maturity of the company’s sustainability program and multifaceted disclosure reporting commitments.
The successful candidate will bring strong organizational, research, project management and communication skills both verbal and written to the team. The ability to translate dense material into streamlined summaries and the talent for writing clear and compelling narratives for newsletter and sustainability reporting are also important requirements. Critical thinking skills and the ability to distill complex topics down for a broad audience will serve the candidate well. Additionally, web content development experience and some presentation experience is preferred.
Under the guidance of the Senior Manager of Global Sustainability you will work within the sustainability team and cross-functionally to:
• Support environmental sustainability programs and initiatives within the organization to drive progress and positive change towards the company’s climate goals
• Ensure timely and accurate global environmental data inputs including regular entry into the official software system of record for disclosure reporting
• Assist with internal and external sustainability inquiries, requests, questionnaires, surveys, calculations and reporting
• Enable global ESG Ambassador Network and cross-functional teams to interpret and act on energy usage trends and other site-level metrics
• Routinely interact with subject matter experts across functions and global sites, including Engineering, Facilities, R&D, Manufacturing, Quality, Supply Chain, Commercial, and others
• Demonstrate a solid command of concepts related to sustainability, mass balance, recycling, and circularity
• Experience with, or enthusiastic willingness to learn USA, EU and other relevant international environmental regulations
• Contribute to the publishing of the company’s Sustainability Newsletter via polished spelling, grammar, and journalistic capabilities including methodical attention to detail.
• Demonstrate advanced computer skills (MS Office suite, etc.) with ability to learn new programs
• Demonstrate excellent relationship-building skills, including those with colleagues, internal partners, suppliers, and service providers as applicable
• Thrive in a fast-paced and highly collaborative working environment
• Work on-site in the Waltham office
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a corporate or office setting, 3 years in Life Science / Biotechnology industry preferred
• Knowledge of corporate sustainability and ESG, including internationally recognized reporting frameworks, e.g., GRI, SASB/IFRS, CDP, UNGC CoP, etc. • Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Teams, Outlook and Excel.
• Familiarity with Smartsheets and Tableau a plus • Experience in a community outreach position a plus
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to . We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!