Waltham , MA 02459
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Systems Administrator
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration: Perm
- Pay rate: $90k
- Job Location: Waltham, MA
- Job#: bh14278
Overview: We are looking for a Systems Administrator who will play a critical role in maintaining infrastructure systems and promote a growth strategy from on prem to the cloud. This person will provide technical analysis and design and systems support from an operational perspective. This role will be a lead resource for Microsoft, AWS, cloud and various virtualization administration, systems/network security, storage area network (SAN) architecture, performance tuning, monitoring and capacity planning. An ideal candidate will be able to manage projects and meet tactical deliverables commitments, perform system changes, and application rollouts/security patches/upgrades. This position will also be part of the team responsible for ensuring data resilience through redundant storage systems, backup strategies, business continuity and disaster recovery operations.
- Design, install and configure internal servers, network devices and
- Proactively manage and maintain server, network, and firewall systems
- Administer and support core Microsoft, Fortinet, AWS, and VMware technologies
- Develop and implement project plans, risk assessments and contingency plans
- Design and implement monitoring, configuration management and reporting functions
- Define and document best practices and support procedures
- Serve as an escalation point for other members of the Operations and ServiceDesk Teams.
- Troubleshooting of various Infrastructure technology, inclusive of but not limited to SAN Storage, LAN Switching, Wireless, Security Monitoring systems, and various other platforms.
- Provide after-hours support for Operational related emergencies and outages.
- Partner with Cybersecurity Operations on various Cybersecurity initiatives and Infrastructure configurations
- Maintain Infrastructure Inventory and Asset Configuration documentation
- Assist with Operational hardware, software technology vendor evaluation and recommendation
- Mentor / Cross Train team members on existing and new technologies
- In order to maintain a safe work environment, we require all employees to be fully vaccinated against the Covid-19 virus at the time of employment.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science (or related area), or equivalent experience.
- Microsoft Certification (MCSE) or equivalent certification in relevant programs
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Server / Desktop Operating Systems Windows 10
- Managing Windows Server Infrastructure
- Experience supporting enterprise applications
- Relevant experience with AWS IaaS and AWS Services, Account Management, etc.
- Relevant experience with Fortinet Networks and VPN
- Strong Project Management Skillset and/or Experience.
- Managing Server virtualization like VMWare Server/ESX or Microsoft HyperV / Virtual Server
- A solid understanding of LAN/WAN networking principles and deployments
- Integration experience with Operational support for Enterprise Applications
- A solid understanding of Zoom, Zoom Rooms, and general Audio / Visual experience
- Active Directory/Azure Active Directory hybrid cloud environment
- Ability to troubleshoot network issues including backbone infrastructure issues
- LAN Routing and Switching design, configuration, and troubleshooting (VLANs, IP Subnetting, etc.)
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Good understanding and experience with SOX Related Reporting and Execution
- Flexible and able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Must be well organized and have good time management skills
- Positive, self-motivated individual who can complete tasks independently
- Must be a team player and a problem solver
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to build team cohesiveness
- Very strong troubleshooting skills, including proven ability to train others
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and projects.
- Strong, team-oriented work ethic
- Excellent verbal and written skills
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!