Systems Support Specialist
Billerica, MA 01730 US
Title: Systems Support Specialist
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration: contract to hire
- Pay rate: $28.65 - $33.65/hr
- Job Location: Bedford, MA
- Schedule: M-F, standard business hours
- Job#: bh16144
- To ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end-users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions.
- Create new hire accounts in Active Directory, adding computers to the domain, and setting up VOIP phones
- Install, configure, end-user workstations and related hardware and software to deliver required desktop service levels.
- Collaborate with Network and Systems Administrators to ensure efficient operation of the desktop computing environment.
- Where required, administer, and resolve issues with associated end-user workstation, telecom, and networking products.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, e-mails, and/or support tickets regarding desktop and application problems.
- Maintain an accurate inventory of user’s software and hardware.
- Update computer software & hardware
- Participate on the on-call rotation
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Key Responsibility satisfactorily. The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform their duties.
- Degree in computer science or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Minimum of 3 years System Support experience required
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Windows 10, O365, Windows Server and Mac Lion; Active Directory, O365 and Azure; MDT, Sophos, VPN and Citrix; Secure Printing, scanning; Mac iOS
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Knowledge of computer hardware including Dell Desktops, Notebooks, Macs, and handheld devices
- Working knowledge of diagnostic utilities including Network connectivity tools (ping, nslookup, etc.)
- Working knowledge in deployment tolls and security
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues required
- Certification in CompTia A+ and Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technicians desired
- Skills in scripting (PowerShell) preferred
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental and vision, 401(k), PTO, paid holidays, life and disability insurance, on-site fitness center and company-wide social events.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you shortly.
You may also send your resume and cover letter via email to the recruiter listed below. You MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!