Technical Project Manager
Hamden, MA 01887
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Technical Project Manager - Hamden,CT
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Contract to perm
Technical Project Manager
Salary range when perm is upto 85k plus solid benefit package
The Technical Project Manager is responsible for assisting office staff through a variety of software and data analytics projects. Projects vary in scope and type from large-scale ERP system deployments and upgrades to smaller department level reporting initiatives. He/she will ensure that selected projects are completed to specification and within an established time frame.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage projects and provide oversight throughout an entire technical project lifecycle including post-go-live support.
- Maintain a high-level of project ownership to ensure success as defined by adherence to standards of scope, budget, and timeline.
- Develop comprehensive project plans from initial requirements gathering through implementation and post implementation operations.
- Monitor project progress continuously and make detailed scheduled reports on measurable items, such as milestones and deliverables.
- Communicate proactively with all involved personnel to provide feedback, identify issues, propose solutions, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Design and maintain Excel spreadsheets of project tasks, deadlines, and assignments.
- Assist with the other technical project members in the extraction, review, and reconciliation of conversion data.
- Act as a liaison between fund staff and external IT software and hardware vendors.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of experience as a manager of technical projects.
- 2+ years of experience working in business data analytics.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Proficiency creating reports from a SQL-compliant data warehouse.
- General familiarity with networking concepts and hardware.
- Experience working with multi-employer plan offices.
- Any benefits administration software experience (Pension, Annuity, or Health Benefits).
- PMP or other relevant certifications.
- Self-motivated worker with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Capable of working independently and managing shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- General understanding of business accounting processes and reporting.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and team-oriented perspective.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!