Norton, MA 02763 US
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
- Duration: Contract
- Pay rate: $22-31/hr
- Job Location: Norton, MA
- Job# 15981
The Toolmaker will be responsible for procuring all materials needed to complete a given task. Once materials are gathered, they will need to be squared up and ground flat to produce a new tool set. Each machinist will be responsible for making their own die sets, punches, cutter plates, and stripper plates for blank trim and piercing tools. Once completed all tools are evaluated by the supervisor/ assistant supervisor for quality before entering production. Repair work will be a priority! In order to complete some repairs, one must be familiar with broaching, filing, milling, turning, and or using a sinker EDM.
- Operation of all manual machines we have (Bridgeport, Thurston, band saws, chop saws, drill press, screw presses, sinker EDM)
- Operate all CNC equipment (router tables, wire EDM, mills)
- Repair all manual and CNC equipment listed above.
- Build CNC files for wire EDM, Die mills, and router tables.
- Micro welding punches and guides.
- Heat treating O1 steel.
- Fix all progressive tooling.
- Troubleshoot other department's struggles with equipment and tools.
- Produce new parts or rebuild worn-out parts for machinery throughout the factory.
- Inventory/order stock and consumables for the department (other departments when necessary)
- Fill in for supervisor when not available.
- Oversee all work done in the tool room.
- 5 years of machining experience with manual machines
- Familiarity with precision measuring equipment (verniers, micrometers, dial indicators)
- Experience operating Bridgeport Lathes and Mills, Grinders, Bandsaws, and basic Tool-making equipment.
- Experience with Agie Mondo I and 2 EDM machines to run without assistance.
- Ability to hand file accurately to produce sinker EDM electrodes for tooling operations.
- Ability to diagnose problems and repair progressive tooling.
- Ability to heat treat+ anneal 0-1 steel
- Expert knowledge in repairing jigs and fixtures on assorted manufacturing equipment.
- Experience in making blanking tools, trim tools, and piercing tools.
- Experience with hubs and dies.
- Must adhere to company quality levels and company policies.
- Deburring and surface grinding experience
- Must have the ability to multitask with changing priorities along with the ability to work with others on projects while sharing tool room equipment.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to . We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!