Toxicology Research Associate - Boston MA - 15090
Cambridge, MA 02210
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Toxicology Research Associate II
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration: Temp to Perm
- Pay rate: $30/hr
- Job Location: Cambridge, MA
- Job#: bh14228
Toxicology Research Associate II
Seeking a highly motivated Research Associate to join our In Vitro Toxicology team located in, MA. This individual will join a team of toxicologists and safety pharmacologists working to design human and preclinical animal in vitro models to support the prioritization and de-risking of novel therapeutic agents throughout the drug discovery and development process. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in performing high-throughput assays, including cytotoxicity assessments, and be proficient in sterile cell culture techniques. Proficiency in various molecular and cellular technical skills is required. The applicant must be a demonstrated team player, adaptable to changing needs, and able to work closely and responsively within their team. This position will work closely with stakeholders from several functional areas including toxicology, chemistry, DMPK, and research. Excellent communication and people skills are required.
- Maintain cell lines and perform weekly cytotoxicity and mitotoxicity assays
- Contribute to the development and implementation of in vitro assays to support the selection and de-risking of potential drug candidates through close interactions with discovery toxicologists, medicinal chemists, and research functions
- Conduct and report results from in vitro safety profiling experiments
- The qualified candidate will have a BS or MS degree with 2+ years of relevant work experience, and relevant experience in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, or a related discipline
- Strong technical understanding of general laboratory techniques
- Extensive experience in cell culture and sterile techniques are required
- Experience with flow cytometry and genotoxicity assays is desirable, but not required.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills, attention to detail, and ability to work independently are required
- Flexible schedule, including willingness to work intermittent weekends, is required
- Maintains accurate and reliable record keeping including database management, notebooks, and all other pertinent documentation.
- A desire to be part of a highly innovative company aimed at transforming the lives of people with serious diseases, their families, and society
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!